I know, I know…I promised this recipe yesterday. I FORGOT! Ackk. I have a terrible memory. I was busy crocheting so I have an excuse, sort of, lol.
These are the yummiest brownies ever and if you make them right they’re really moist. (The last batch I made added more flour and they turned out pretty dry, =( )
The recipe can be found on the allrecipes.com website here. But for those of you who hate to link over, here is the recipe for you!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour, more as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Whisk together egg, melted butter, and vanilla in a large bowl. Puree about 1/4 cup of the sliced strawberries and whisk into the butter. Sift together the sugar, cocoa powder, and cake flour. Fold into the butter, and mix until well incorporated. Use more flour if needed to end up with a mixture in between a cake batter and a cookie dough (the strawberries will add additional moisture). Gently fold in the remaining sliced strawberries and pour the batter into prepared pie plate.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
I’ve added rhubarb before (I love the tangy tartness it adds to the brownies). I’m sure you could blueberries and other fruits. They are extremely yummy. Like I said, though, I added more flour this week when I made them because they looked a little runny and I probably should have left them alone. So be warned…the batter may be a little runny.